Rainbow International Asbestos Testing & Removal
Rainbow International have a number of technicians within the network who are trained to carry out Notifiable Non Licensed Work (NNLW) of asbestos removal. These technicians are required to attend annual training courses, carry a photo card ID and are also regulated under HSE guidelines.
Under NNLW guidelines from CAR12 regulations, we only deal with chrysolite; and not crocidolite or amosite.
Chrysolite (white asbestos) can be found in cement, vinyl or thermoplastic floor tiles, testured coating (i.e artex) and bitumen.
Work procedure & control measures
- All operatives will have suitable and sufficient training to carry out notifiable non-licensed worl (NNLW)
- All operatives will have the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which includes:
- Disposable overalls with hood
- Boots without laces
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Latex Gloves
- Exclusion zones will be established in the work area, and suitable warning signage will be erected
- Unless otherwise stated, waste will be removed from site in the work van
- this waste will be double bagged/wrapped in 500 gauge polythene and placed in secure locked compartments within the van
- After completion of the work, the area shall be left in a clean, tidy condition
- A visual inspection and appropriate air tests(s) as required will be completed
Rainbow International work with bSure, who are experts in tackling the risk of asbestos. Our technicians are trained through their training and accreditation programmes. We also utilise them for technical support, so our technicians can keep up-to-date with legislation, regulations and governance.
bSure also provide the sample testing service - meaning our customers could have samples tested and results back with them within 48 hours - resulting in any scheduled removal, restoration or maintenance work being able to commence without long delays.
Asbestos (mountain cork)