Things You Should Know About Mould Removal & Remediation
With minus temperatures, frozen, and often burst pipes, as well as the increased flooding we have been experiencing this year and late last year, mould is a growing problem in homes across the UK. We understand that money can be tight and DIY is a very popular approach whilst in lockdown, however, we want to share some shocking things you might not know about mould, some of which may change your mind to tackle it on your own.
Read on to learn more about mould, and why the professionals should be the one to remove it...
7 Reasons Why You Should Get Professionals in For Removing Mould
- Mould can be a sign of a bigger damp issue which can escalate a slight damp issue into a matter that can challenge the structural integrity of your property.
- Mould and mildew can aggravate skin conditions such as eczema.
- Mould releases spores that can aggravate other breathing conditions such as asthma and chest infections, and cause sinus infections and inflammation of the lungs. It can even cause pneumonia. The young, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems are particularly susceptible to respiratory illnesses caused or aggravated by mould.
- Some moulds are so toxic that they can create issues for the reproductive system, and even have psychological and neurological effects.
- Mould can contain mycotoxins which can kill neurones in the brain, impacting our psychological makeup and affecting our mental capacity.
- Mould and damp can cause an unpleasant odour that hangs around in clothes and soft furnishings.
- Mould spreads. Once mould takes hold it crawls up walls, into carpets and even furniture, upholstery and clothes.
Sometimes it’s okay to call in the professionals to get the job done, and in this case, for your own safety, it certainly is important.
Rainbow Have Years’ of Mould Remediation Experience
Rainbow International have an extensive portfolio of mould remediation work in many homes and business premises across the UK. Using professional equipment, in-depth knowledge of mould removal, and following all regulations, we can offer a comprehensive service so you do not need to worry about a recurring problem.
If you have found mould in your home or business premises, feel free to get in contact with one of our specialist mould removal experts today, or head to our branch finder to see if there is a franchise near you.