Professional Tips On Hard Floor Cleaning
Ever wondered how professional hard floor cleaning gets that perfect lustre? Or maybe why your carpet smells so fresh when you’ve had it professionally cleaned, yet somewhat musty when you attempt it yourself?
Here are all the secrets from the professionals to keeping your hard floors clean and your carpets looking bright and smelling fresh.
Let’s start with the elephant in the room – the equipment is different. This is the one thing you can’t do much about. Short of either using a professional carpet cleaning service or hard floor cleaning and restoration service. The floor cleaning units used by professional cleaners are more expensive and bigger than domestic units you can buy in store, but they also have better suction which means they can get right down into the carpet pile and extract more dust and dirt than you can with a hired unit.
There’s not a lot you can do about that, but there are some other things you can do to keep your hard floors or carpeted floors looking better and smelling fresher all year round.
Our Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaning Tips
1) Keep dust and dirt to a minimum by regularly vacuuming your carpet and upholstery, giving dust and dirt less time to settle.
2) Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush hose attachment for your hard floors to avoid scratching tiles or wooden floors. The suction of the vacuum ensures that dust and dirt is removed from the area rather than being brushed around and up into the air, just to fall back down later.
3) For wooden floors, regular waxing restores the oils that give it its lustre and shine, so you need to re-wax your wooden floor every 12-18 months if you’re serious about keeping it in good condition.
4) Use a washable rug or mat in high traffic areas and at thresholds to trap outdoor dust and dirt, and avoid irreparable wear on the carpet.
5) To remove any pesky rubber marks left on tiles, make a smooth paste out of 2 tablespoons of baking soda and some warm water and rub it gently on the mark until the mark disappears. To remove rubber marks on a wood floor, try using a pencil eraser from the stationary draw. If that doesn’t work, you can buy hardwood flooring rubbers to do the same job.
If All Else Fails, Call The Professionals...
If none of our top tips are working for you, book a regular professional carpet or hard floor clean with a reputable company like Rainbow. We’re trusted by insurance companies and have over 60 branches around the UK, so there’s bound to be one near you. To arrange your hard floor clean or carpet clean, get in contact with us now on 01623 422488.