At ISS Everyone is empowered to consider health and safety and our core values are embedded in
Everything we do, Everytime we do it. Health and Safety is communicated to all employees and stakeholders
and we commit to take all necessary steps to secure the health and safety of our employees and those
affected by our business activities.
ISS commits to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all workers. This is achieved through the development and
implementation of effective Health and Safety management systems in accordance with the requirements of ISO45001.
The approach is underpinned by providing and maintaining healthy and safe working conditions to prevent workplace
injury and ill-health.
ISS will provide information, instruction, training and supervision as necessary to ensure employees are competent to
carry out their duties and responsibilities in a safe manner. ISS is committed to involving employees either directly or
through their representatives which includes consultation and participation activities. We will regularly set and review
objectives to improve our H&S performance and management system.
In ISS we share a commitment to:
• Protect the personal health and safety of our workforce by eliminating hazards and reducing risk,
• Maintain any place of work (including providing welfare facilities) in a condition that is safe and healthy, so far as
is reasonably practicable,
• Prevent work-related injury and ill health and promote wellbeing,
• Provide and maintain plant, equipment, materials and substances,
• Establish and communicate emergency procedures,
• Provide appropriate health assessment and surveillance of employees as required,
• Promote and drive a positive health and safety culture with our safety leaders and heroes,
• Comply with or exceed applicable legislation and other requirements,
• Meet customer needs and expectations,
• Continually improve our H&S management system.
This policy statement will be reviewed on a regular basis by top management to ensure its continuing suitability. The
policy statement will be placed in locations visible to as many staff as possible and be made available to outside parties
including the public on request or via the ISS website. It is to be actively communicated to all employees and persons
working for or on behalf of the company with the intent that all are made aware of their individual obligations. All
employees have a responsibility for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their work
activities. ISS requires our suppliers to manage their health and safety in line with this policy.
Chief Executive Officer – ISS UK & Ireland
Director of People & Culture- ISS UK & Ireland