Restoration Technician - Glasgow & Aberdeen
We are recruiting for BDMA Fire & Flood Restoration Technicians working Glasgow/Lanarkshire & Aberdeenshire/Dundee areas
Candidates must have a Full driving licence, excellent communication skills, excellent IT aptitude, be flexible and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to work on your own or as part of a team working. This is to ensure that the Company equipment and services are delivered to the customer in a friendly and efficient way establishing strong relationships whilst maintaining the highest standards of service.
It is a condition of employment that you are available to work weekends and evenings if required. Previous experience with a National Restoration company would be a distinct advantage. You will also need to pass a DBS (CRB) check.
You will be based at our Airdrie office, although a satellite operation will be setup in Aberdeen/Dundee, you will work on restoration projects for domestic and commercial clients across Lanarkshire, Glasgow, Aberdeenshire and Dundee.
The role is challenging, but rewarding, due to the vast range of services that we offer, with each day being totally different. The restoration industry is very challenging and is forever changing so you need to move with new techniques and be prepared to be flexible and change.
Main Job Duties:
- Flood Restoration Projects – Attending water damaged properties, make an assessment on-site for the insurance company and produce a report which will be either in writing or via an iPad / on-site video scoping equipment.
- Following this you will be doing tasks such as moving furniture & contents, extraction of water, uplifting wet carpets and flooring, carrying out buildings strip out work, planning and installation of the correct drying regime.
- You will learn about drying of properties as a large proportion of our work is the correct drying of properties.
- Fire clean up and restoration – all aspects of structural and contents cleaning and including high level cleaning. You will work as part of a team on this work.
- There will be requirement to do certified PASMA and IPAF courses so that you can use mobile platforms and erect alloy towers.
- Asbestos removal qualification for non-Licensed work would be an advantage.
- Packing & removal of contents to various storage locations
Other relevant information:
- You will carry out the work mainly during daytime weekday hours but there will be some weekend and evening working. Occasionally there could be some night work.
- Once trained you will be on an on-call rota, with a paid retainer, this is where we provide an out of hours service to attend and assist with emergency situations.
- You will be expected to use your own initiative but be able to follow procedures and have awareness of health and safety and you will be doing risk assessments daily to ensure own, and others, health and safety.
- Most jobs will involve a good deal of buildings strip out work, in all areas of domestic and commercial buildings, plus the setting up of drying regimes so good DIY skills are necessary as well as Building knowledge.
- In addition, the job can be physically demanding so you need to be fit and be able to work comfortably in confined space (attics, solum’s etc). Some heavy lifting will also be required.
- Good people skills to liaise with customers/loss adjusters/builders/insurance companies/policy holders etc
- Our offer includes the use of a company van, uniform, overtime opportunities
- Ensure van is equipped, clean and serviced according to manufacturer’s guidelines
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to [email protected]