Restoration Technician - Glasgow & Aberdeen
Rainbow International are the UK’s leading Fire & Flood Restoration company.
Working as a technician based at our Airdrie office, although a satellite operation will be setup in Aberdeen, you will work on restoration projects for domestic and commercial clients across Lanarkshire, Glasgow and Aberdeenshire.
You will be Hard Working, Flexible, Conscientious with Excellent communication skills and an ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
The role is challenging, but rewarding, due to the vast range of services that we offer, with each day being totally different.
Ideally, you will be certified to BDMA technician level, however, full training will be given to gain certification via on the job training, tool box talks, e-learning courses and training courses at our Head Office in Nottinghamshire.
You will look to provide first class customer care and have utmost respect for people’s property, develop excellent working relationships with customers, key clients and fellow workers.
The restoration industry is very challenging and is forever changing so you need to move with new techniques and be prepared to be flexible and change.
Main Job Duties:
- Flood Restoration Projects – Attending water damaged properties, make an assessment on-site for the insurance company and produce a report which will be either in writing or via an iPad app.
- Following this you will be doing tasks such as moving furniture & contents, extraction of water, uplifting wet carpets and flooring, carrying out buildings strip out work, planning and installation of the correct drying regime.
- You will learn about drying of properties as a large proportion of our work is the correct drying of properties.
- Carpet, upholstery and curtain cleaning to both domestic and commercial customers. Some basic carpet re-fitting work.
- Hard floor cleaning and floor buffing as well as specialist floor grinding.
- Fire clean up and restoration – all aspects of structural and contents cleaning and including high level cleaning. You will work as part of a team on this work.
- There will be requirement to do certified PASMA and IPAF courses so that you can use mobile platforms and erect alloy towers.
- Pressure washing, graffiti removal and blast cleaning using media and dry ice processes.
- You will be able to organise a team on packing and removal of projects.
Other relevant information:
- You will need a full driving licence which is mostly clean and has no history of disqualifications.
- Normal hours will be 40 hours per week. Overtime rates will be paid after 40 hours have been worked.
- In addition to bank holidays we offer 20 days holiday per year.
- You will carry out the work mainly during daytime weekday hours but there will be some weekend and evening working. Occasionally there could be some night work.
- Once trained you will be on an on-call rota, with a paid retainer, this is where we provide an out of hours service to attend and assist with emergency situations.
- As we work for national insurance companies, we will have to carry out a DBS Check and credit reference check on your behalf.
- You will be expected to use your own initiative but be able to follow procedures and have awareness of health and safety and you will be doing risk assessments daily.
- Most jobs will involve a good deal of buildings strip out work, in all areas of domestic and commercial buildings, plus the setting up of drying regimes so good DIY skills are necessary.
- In addition, the job can be physically demanding so you need to be fit and be able to work comfortably in confined space (attics, solum’s etc). Some heavy lifting will also be required.
To advance in the job role you will need some computer skills but also reading and writing to be able to write reports and fill in paperwork.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to [email protected]