Over the weekend, ISS Restoration (including Rainbow) hosted their annual conference. The conference is a time for celebrating successes and looking forward to the future. This year was no exception.
The event, managed by Business Support Manager, Sharon Hayman, chose to adopt the theme ‘Service with a human touch’ as a tribute to the latest course that ISS are running among the Restoration Division.
The conference featured a series of speakers, both employees and franchisees, who took the stage during the day to share their successes and experiences.
A big thank you and well done to; Suzy Hall, Learning & Development Manager; Charlie Money, ISS Restoration Project Manager; Jennie Mills, Rainbow International Derbyshire; Emma Coulthard, PTL Manager & Rebecca Johnstone, Regional Manager for the North and John & Kathy Thompson, Rainbow International Surrey.
Tim Proctor, ISS UK’s Director of Health, Safety, Environment, Quality & Corporate Responsibility UK & Ireland presented a very insightful glimpse into the wider ISS UK business.
The ISS conference Keynote speaker, Cally Beaton really connected with the audience, and got us all thinking about what we’re afraid of. She talked about how we shouldn’t hide behind our fears but should accept them and use them to help us grow as individuals and employees/employers.
The days wasn’t all about ISS though. We raised £840 by selling raffle tickets for the EAFA (England Amputee Football Association) and The Stroke Association, ISS’ charity of choice. This was only made possible by the generosity of our suppliers; Legend, Corroventa, DBK and Hilton at St Georges who donated the prizes, and our delegates who dug deep for such great causes.
The day was topped off with our Gala dinner and awards evening, co-hosted by Steve Mitchell and Celia Delaney. The evening was a storming success and a great way to celebrate the achievements of each and every person within the ISS business. Of course, as is customary, there were a number of special mentions as awards were presented to those who had really gone beyond what was expected.
Award winners included:
• Service With A Human Touch – Jonathan Snowball – Rainbow Derbyshire
• Service With A Human Touch – Ian Brayne – ISS Restoration
• Health & Safety Champion of the Year – Neil Babb – ISS Restoration
• Health & Safety Excellence – Simon Fox – Rainbow Canterbury
• Supplier of the Year – Edge Equipment Hire
• Technician of the Year – Sam York – Rainbow Oxford
• Technician of the Year – Matthew Nutter – ISS Restoration
• Managing Director Recognition – The Gardner Aerospace Project – ISS Restoration
• Administrator of the Year – Kate Spreckley – Rainbow Melton Mowbray
• Administrator of the Year – Dominique Billing – ISS Restoration
• Franchisee Nominated Employee of the Year – Sian Prehn
• Commercial Nominated Employee of the Year – Richard Bunn
• Top Self-Generated Work Performer – Tom & Helen Cox – Rainbow Highlands & Glasgow-west
• ISS Restoration Employee of the Year – Jo Ford
• Franchise of the Year – Jennie & Fay Mills – Rainbow International Derbyshire
A huge well done to all our very worthy winners!
Our awards co-host, Celia Delaney also treated the audience to a performance, which certainly entertained the crowd!
Overall the conference was a hugely successful event. All that’s left to do now, is start planning the next one!