Water leaks can cause extensive damage so disaster recovery experts, Rainbow International, has put together these handy tips of what to do (and not to do) should you experience a leak at your home or business property:
- • Ensure you limit immediate water damage by capturing the water and/or turning off stopcocks.
- • Take prompt action to address the issue. Even if it only appears to be a small or minor leak, it could be an indicator of bigger problems that you can’t see, so leaving it and doing nothing could put your entire home at risk.
If the leak is internal, it can cause major damage and destruction to a property, if not identified and repaired. External leaks may not be so disruptive but can still dramatically increase your water bills.
- • Call in specialist leak detection experts. Without their specialist knowledge and equipment, it can be often be difficult to identify the source of the leak or what exactly is causing it. As a first step, these experts will undertake a survey and produce a comprehensive report outlining the potential issues and recommendations for solving the problem. Specialist leak detection helps to prevent major excavation of floors and substrates as specialist equipment can pinpoint the exact source of a leak, while traditional methods often involve major excavation works and the associated disruption to the property.
- • Ignore early signs like water rings or stains, wet or damp carpets.
- • Ignore mould –mould is a sign of damp in a property and excess moisture caused by a leak can lead to a mould problem within your property and could potentially cause even more water damage.
There is nothing more frustrating and worrying than an unexplained water leak in your business property or in your home.
The good news is that new technology means that the old water leak detection methods traditionally involving major, unnecessary excavations and upheaval are a thing of the past.
Using a combination of hi-tech leak detection equipment including thermal imaging, acoustic testing and tracer gas, experts like Rainbow International can identify the location of a leak quickly, and precisely, with minimal damage and cost effectively.
If you experience a water leak at your property, Rainbow International’s leak detection services can be accessed nationwide with more 65 branches across the UK and is on average just 23 miles from any incident in the country. Find your local branch here and choose the branch-finder option which is located on every page, or Alternatively, call our 24 hour helpline on 01623-422488 now to find out how Rainbow could help locate the exact location of a leak.