Mould can be a really positive thing – just not when you’re sharing your home or workspace with it.
Mould is critical to the decomposition of nutrients into the soil. It led to the discovery of penicillin. However, living with mould can be really bad for our health.
Usually occurring in damp environments, removing mould can be difficult. Many of us make a half-hearted approach at spraying some mould and mildew remover about and hoping for the best. However living with mould can be extremely harmful to humans, especially the old, the young and those with compromised immune systems. Once discovered, mould should be removed.
For mould to be dealt with effectively it’s essential to remove mould spores too. Removing mould can be dangerous to your health though. If treated incorrectly, mould will return, and if cleaned incorrectly, it can damage the health of the person removing the mould.
Employing a specialist for removing mould can help to ensure thorough removal of the specific types of mould affecting your property, as well as decrease the chance that the mould will return.
7 reasons why you should get professionals in for removing mould
1. Mould can be a sign of a bigger damp issue which can escalate a slight damp issue into a matter that can challenge the structural integrity of your property
2. Mould and mildew can aggravate skin conditions such as eczema.
3. Mould releases spores that can aggravate other breathing conditions such as asthma and chest infections, and cause sinus infections and inflammation of the lungs. It can even cause pneumonia. The young, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems are particularly susceptible to respiratory illnesses caused or aggravated by mould.
4. Some moulds are so toxic that they can create issues for the reproductive system, and even have psychological and neurological effects.
5. Mould can contain mycotoxins which can kill neurones in the brain, impacting our psychological makeup and affecting our mental capacity.
6. Mould and damp can cause an unpleasant odour that hangs around in clothes and soft furnishings.
7. Mould spreads. Once mould takes hold it crawls up walls, into carpets and even furniture, upholstery and clothes.
If you have mould in your property, call 01623 422488 to arrange for one of our technicians to visit your property and conduct a survey to identify the best way of removing mould you are sharing your space with.
With 70 branches across the UK, we’re bound to have a branch near you – on average there is a Rainbow International branch just 23 miles from any postcode in the UK.